- nhit-shis.org respects the privacy of its users and does not collect any personally identifiable user information without prior notice. Web statistics are the sole and private property of nhit-shis.org and are only used for troubleshooting purposes.
Information we collects
- nhit-shis.org generally collects personally identifying information with your specific knowledge and consent. When you register to become a member of nhit-shis.org and subscribe to our services, you are asked to provide information, such as your e-mail address, name and/or other information.
- As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Use of this information
- nhit-shis.org uses this information to provide you with the service you have requested. For example, if you subscribe to any of our newspapers, we may use your e-mail address to send you a confirmation notice.
- We may also use the information to communicate with you about new features, products or services, or to improve the services that we offer by tailoring them to your needs.
- We may allow access to our database by third parties that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance or forums and job search software, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those ervices. nhit-shis.org does not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- We also use third party advertisements on nhit-shis.org to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
DoubleClick DART cookies
- nhit-shis.org also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (”interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey).
- DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
- While your individual information is protected as outlined above, we reserve the right to use aggregated anonymous data about our users as a group for any business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers and partners.
- nhit-shis.org is not intended for use by minors or children, especially those under age 18. No one under age 18 is allowed to provide any personal information or use our public discussion areas, forums and/or chats. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardians(s) before using our services, including registration and/or subscriptions to our services offered by this site.
- If your children disclose information about themselves in our public discussion areas, they may get unsolicited messages from other parties. nhit-shis.org cannot be held responsible for any action by your children while using our services, with or without your consents.
Links to other Web sites
- This web site contains links to other web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are moving to another web site. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their privacy policies may differ from ours.
- This is the website of nhit-shis.org. We can be reached via e-mail at yourfeedbackemail [at] gmail.com. Please replace [at] with @. If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above email address.